Sue Ziegler Fine Art
Horses - Racing
Spa Fine Art Gallery
taking great photos
When you are taking a photo of your dog, horse or other animal here are a few basic things to keep in mind.
1. Photograph in natural light when possible. Avoid harsh, direct sunlight – on a bright sunny day it's best to work in open shade. Avoid flash photos.
2. Have your light source behind you.
3. Get down to your Dog's level.
4. Have a buddy help you. It's much easier! Treats help.
5. Eyes in focus. Don’t cut off ears or noses.
6. Try to stay back and use the zoom to fill the frame. If you are close to the subject the camera may be in a wide angle mode which will distort the subject.
7. Take LOTS of photos. You never know which one will be the masterpiece.
8. The background, leashes (and buddy) can be easily removed for your portrait.
Here are a couple of websites with more tips: http://www.wikihow.com/Photograph-Dogs